Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 3

So, after flipping through the pages of our book I came across many interesting scenes. But, no matter how far I got, the Cinderella stories seemed to draw my attention. I was intrigued by the differences in the original brother's Grimm tale and the Disney version. I had heard that the Brother's Grimm were a bit more gory but I hadn't had the chance to see firsthand until now. People slicing parts of their feet off in order to become queens. Birds pecking out people's eyes! Sometimes I marvel at the ingenuity of lucrative business men. Making a fortune out of retelling horror stories into children's tales. I only wish I could see the day, a hundred years from now, when Disney gets ahold of the Saw series and waters it down into "Jig Saw" the lovable old Riddler that saved people's lives with limerick.

No comments:

Post a Comment